Madison Boutique is a high end clothing store based in Cape Town South Africa. Having been around for 20 years, Madison celebrates the best of international and local design with an array of brands available, cementing it as a boutique for the discerning shopper. Effortlessly merging everyday separates with more glamorous occasion pieces, the store is like a treasure trove for fashion lovers.
1. Logo Madison Boutique is frequented by woman of many ages. I was tasked with creating a new logo for the brand that would appeal to customers in different age groups something simple yet elegant that would stand the test of time.
2. Store refurbishment The store was in need of a change so I updated the look and feel as well as designing fittings and fixtures that would enable the team to have flexible options in which to display merchandise. The look needed to be fresh, luxurious and provide a neutral backdrop to the ever changing colors and patterns of the high end products being sold.
Memo Communications is a full service public relations agency that specializes in developing strategic campaigns that drive brand awareness and create industry buzz. The name takes its inspiration from the humble memo note, the age old communication tool that records events or observations. The note became the main concept behind the branding assets.
2. Business card
3. Compliment slip
CARROL BOYES FUNCTIONAL ART
Carrol Boyes Functional Art was founded in 1989 and is located in Cape Town, South Africa. The company designs and manufactures a range of exclusive lifestyle products, their trademark materials include a fusion of pewter, aluminum, stainless steel, ceramics, glassware and textiles in combination with leather and wood.
With brand recognition both nationally and internationally, the Carrol Boyes Collection is available at prestigious department stores such as Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, Lane Crawford in Hong Kong and China and leading specialty retailers. Their local retail division comprises of 22 corporate owned stores and 3 Franchise outlets located throughout South Africa.
During my 2 and a half years at Carrol Boyes as Art Director and Head of the Graphics Department, my main focus was in creating an updated look and feel for the brand.
I managed a team of 3 other designers as well as being involved in the Retail Store Visual Merchandising. My role as Art Director included styling photo shoots, food styling, photoshoot production, VM, production and art direction on four catalogues, company packaging as well as overseeing the day to day runnings of the department.
Beautiful Age is a South African distributer that meticulously seek out and curate the world’s most desirable and timeless brands. They believe in thoughtfully crafted, premium products that evoke an emotional response and elicit the feeling of luxury
1. Logo The logo needed to complement their image and sit alongside their product offering. It was important that the logo spoke to a wide market, and attract new suppliers to their fold.
2. Business card
3. Thank you postcard
Museã, meaning museums in Dutch, inspires a feeling that a woman’s body is a museum of natural form, to be embellished with rich, earthy linens. It is the skin itself that inspires the textures of the fabric used in every item, being biodegradable & lightweight.
Founded in 2017, Museã sources the highest grade of natural fabric in South Africa and all their pieces are designed and created locally by a small team of skilled artisans.
2. Swing ticket and compliment card sent with every order
Maara House is a primary school situated in the Cape Town City Bowl inspired by the Reggio Emilia approach to learning.
Maara, meaning “conscious and aware” in Igbo (a language spoken in Southern Nigeria), is a word which perfectly reflects our mission to create conscious, active, global citizens.
Job Scope: 1. Logo The client needed a logo that would convey the nurturing and stimulating environment in which children’s curiosity is respected, creativity valued, and collaborations supported. The letters MH represent children playing together with a ball and the colours were chosen for strength and softness
2. Uniforms Maara House needed uniforms that were comfortable, unisex and portrayed the schools creative and ethos.
LITTLE DIAMONDS AFRIKA
The Little Diamonds brand of fine jewelry for children is designed and manufactured in Cape Town, South Africa. The core range is designed to capture the hearts and imaginations of little girls from birth to twelve years of age. The value of each piece lies in the beauty of the designs, and also importantly in the genuine half-pointer diamond that is set into each one.
2. Pendant Packaging The Little Diamonds Afrika range was designed with the tourist market in mind. With the pendants featuring African animals displayed on bright, fun packaging this range would appeal to kids of most ages .
DOMINIQUE HERMAN WRITER/EDITOR/AUTHOR
Dominique Herman writes and edits on a freelance basis. She grew up in Cape Town and studied journalism at New York University. After nine years in the US, UK and Spain, she returned to SA in 2004 and joined the Cape Times as a senior staff writer. A book of photographs and interviews with high-profile South Africans that she put together, entitled Perfect Weekend, was published in 2009.
2 Business Card
GRACE MODEL MANAGEMENT
Grace Model Management is the leading boutique agency in Cape Town. They have combined over 20 years of experience with innovative ideas to offer models and clients a unique style of personal management. Grace Models is well known for developing and representing talent on all 5 continents with great success. Their local clients include brands such as Woolworths, Castle Lite, SA Swimsuit, Gavin Rajah, Exact Clothing, MWEB and Oral B. Their models have featured in major international campaigns such as Revlon, Ted Baker, Hennessy, Veet, Kellogg’s, Pampers, Schwarzkopf, Adidas and SONY.
2. Business Card
Gorgeous Me is a luxury bridal beauty service comprising an elite group of expert makeup and hair artists who have been hand selected for their unparalleled skill, professionalism and high quality work.
1. Logo The owner needed a logo that represented the complete unbridled joy and indulgence of a wedding day
2. Face Chart The owner needed a book of Face Charts as this is how she test out or plans a look. The chart is created during a make up consultation and left either left with the client or kept to keep track of all the different products and colour combinations that were used.
Bowtique creates hand made bows in an array of colours and styles to capture the imagination of little girls everywhere, including beautiful grosgrain ribbon elastic hair bows for pretty pigtails and cute clips that work for both school and special occasions.
1. Logo Create a symbol that combines both the playfulness with sophistication of the range
2. Packaging Solution Packaging card that the bows will be displayed on
Lindiwe Mazibuko is a public leader, speaker, writer and academic fellow. She was the first black woman in South African history to be elected Leader of the Opposition in Parliament.
A graduate of the University of Cape Town in South Africa and the Harvard Kennedy School of Government in the United States, Mazibuko was an elected representative in South Africa’s National Assembly until May 2014, when she resigned from active politics in order to return to higher education.
1. Create personal logo to be used across stationery
2. Business Card
2. Calling Card
FLAMINGO SEA POINT
Flamingo is a airbnb apartment in Sea Point, a vibrant suburb of Cape Town, just outside the city centre. Steps away are many boutiques, restaurants, and nightlife spots. The popular Sea Point promenade is within walking distance, as are beaches.
1. Marketing images for the business to be used on Instagram. To keep the feed interesting without solely relying on pictures of the accommodation, the owner launched a weekly Flamingo picture tagged #FlamingoFriday, inserting the flamingo into a variety of popular Cape Town landmarks.
THE UPSIDE DOWN RAINBOW
The Upside Down Rainbow was an educational subscription boxes service designed to enhance children’s interest in a particular subject or expose them to new ideas. Every monthly box included activity kits designed to encourage learning through imaginary play, containing crafts and supplies, learning materials, games, imaginative play guides and more. All The Upside Down Rainbow completed crafts and materials were specifically designed to be used over and over again.
Strauss Daly is a Property Law and Conveyancing firm based in South Africa. The team have extensive knowledge and experience in the South African property market. Their strength lies in the efficient, cost-effective manner they handle property-related transactions.
1. A Basic Guide to the Transfer Process. The client requested material that would be given to prospective clients on their first meeting. This information needed to be broken down clearly, explaining the processes and timelines associated with purchasing property or land.
2. A Basic Guide to the Bond Process. This material would be given to clients to explain the different types of bonds that could be applied for, and the timelines associated with each route.